FAUDI modular filtration systems, also called filtration trains or filtration banks, are leaders in automatic hydrocarbon filtration in refineries (feedstock filtration).
They are used to protect catalytic systems such as: hydrotreating, light naphtha hydrocracking and isomerisation, eliminating generated particles such as iron sulphide, coke fines, oxide, etc., increasing cycle performance and useful life.
By preventing entry and accumulation of particles on the catalyst bed, we avoid blocking the upper part of the bed, keeping reaction parameters at their optimum levels.
Filtration trains consist of a structure with various bodies equipped with one cartridge per body. The bodies are installed in parallel and in sufficient numbers for the flow to be filtered.
The set is equipped with valves and control mechanisms for operation.
The backflushing process is conducted completely automatically, sequentially and body-to-body. Contaminants are dragged toward the exterior of the cartridge and the process.
Filtration train types available by cleaning system:
- Backflushing with FAUDI RSFA type 29 fluid 20-100 microns 15-500 m3/h
- Backflushing with FAUDI RSFA type 28 fluid 10-100 microns 15-500 m3/h
- Backflushing with FAUDI RSFA type 27 fluid 03-50 microns 15-500 m3/h
- Filtration grade up to 3 microns (0.003 mm)
- Operating the valves of the modular system via standard components: air-assisted operation, limit and solenoid switches.
- Backwashing of a small part of the total filtration bank area.
- Continuous filtration of solid particles with no interruption in the filtration process, even during the cleaning period.
- Type 3 Backwashing with the fluid itself and support gas has the following benefits:
- Volume of backwashing liquid is defined.
- Backwashing is independent of the flow to be filtered and the pressure of the operation.
- Does not require auxiliary pump for backwashing.
- Great capacity to remove solids.
- Possibility of carrying out maintenance on one module without interrupting the filtration process.
- Possibility of cleaning prior to filtering, with an external medium, to save expensive process liquid.
- Fully automatic operation controlled by a dedicated PLC.
- Communication with distributed plant control system for start-ups and process control.