Parallel slide gate valve
- High performance parallel slide gate valves for isolation of critical water and steam services.
- The tightness of the HOPKINSONS (WEIR) valve shut-off is due to the pressure of the fluid itself on the disc in contact with the seating surface, rather than friction from closure of the wedge disk on the valve seats.
- A host of advantages over conventional wedge valves.
- No leakage, regardless of temperature or pressure changes.
- Avoids blocking due to thermal binding.
- Options: reinforced valve seats, square gates to increase the valve seat area, V port outlet seat for regulation, protective spool piece to guard against interior component movement in the fully open valve position.
- Double valve format isolation for high-pressure drainage systems: master + martyr.
- Nuclear service: ASME Section III N-Stamp, with references in Spanish Nuclear Power Stations.