- FAUDI modular filtration systems, also called filtration trains or filtration banks, are leaders in automatic hydrocarbon filtration in refineries (feedstock filtration).
- They are used to protect catalytic systems such as: hydrotreating, light naphtha hydrocracking and isomerisation, eliminating generated particles such as iron sulphide, coke fines, oxide, etc., increasing cycle performance and useful life.
- By preventing entry and accumulation of particles on the catalyst bed, we avoid blocking the upper part of the bed, keeping reaction parameters at their optimum levels.
- Filtration trains consist of a structure with various bodies, equipped with one cartridge per body. Bodies are installed in parallel, in sufficient number for the flow to be filtered.
- The set is equipped with valves and control mechanisms for operation. The backflushing process is conducted completely automatically, sequentially and body-to-body. Contaminants are dragged outwards of the cartridge and the process.
Filtration train types available by cleaning system:
- Backflushing with FAUDI RSFA type 29 fluid 20-100 microns 15-500 m3/h.
- Backflushing with FAUDI RSFA type 28 fluid 10-100 microns 15-500 m3/h.
- Backflushing with FAUDI RSFA type 27 fluid 03-50 microns 15-500 m3/h.
- Filtration grade up to 3 microns (0.003 mm).
- Operating the valves of the modular system via standard components: air-assisted operation, limit and solenoid switches.
- Backwashing of a small part of the total filtration bank area.
- Continuous filtration of solid particles with no interruption in the filtration process, even during the cleaning period.
- Type 3. Backwashing with the fluid itself and support gas has the following benefits:
- Volume of backwashing liquid is defined.
- Backwashing is independent of the flow to be filtered and the pressure of the operation.
- Does not require auxiliary pump for backwashing.
- Great capacity to remove solids.
- Possibility of carrying out maintenance on one module without interrupting the filtration process.
- Possibility of cleaning prior to filtering, with an external medium, to save expensive process liquid.
- Fully automatic operation controlled by a dedicated PLC.
- Communication with distributed plant control system for start-ups and process control.